We’re holding a special, general member meeting November 17th at 7:30pm at the Prior Lake City Hall to review a proposed change in our policy.
The proposed change would allow our Board of Directors to offer directorial stipends for future productions on a case-by-case basis. The proposal was presented at the October board meeting by our Governance Committee whose members have a general belief that having flexibility to pay director stipends will allow our theatre group to keep up with the times, as well as other theater groups in the Twin Cities in order to continue to draw a wider net of talent to our productions.
The Board of Directors has moved to the general membership for consideration to change in our Policies Document:
“Directorate positions will be unpaid, but the Board, at its discretion, may proffer reimbursement for travel costs associated in attendance at auditions and rehearsals.”
“Directorate positions are volunteer, but the board at its discretion, may proffer stipends and/or reimbursements for travel or other costs associated with attendance and tasks during the production of a show. Active members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to receive stipends.”
On November 17th, we will hold a vote by all general members deciding whether to implement the proposed changes.
We understand this proposed change is an important decision, as we currently promote our organization as 100% volunteer. We also recognize that by allowing stipends we will create the additional work of planning for and distributing funds.
- If you have questions or concerns about the proposal, please contact our Board President, Michael Sweeney before Nov 17th.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting, you may vote electronically until noon on Nov 17th using this LINK.
- If you have questions about your membership status, contact our Membership Director, Sheri Brunner.
- You may renew or upgrade your membership online by using this LINK.
- All votes will be counted at the conclusion of the discussion and voting phases in the meeting.