Oscar Wilde’s brilliantly clever comedic masterpiece, The Importance of Being Earnest, tells the story of two young gentlemen in London, who each live a double-life, creating elaborate deceptions to find some balance in their lives. ~ StageAgent
The Importance of Being Earnest 2018
- Oct 26 & 27, Nov 2 & 3 – 7:00 pm
- Oct 28 Matinée – 12:30 pm
- John Worthing, J.P. – Mike Seifert
- Algernon Moncrieff- Charlie Bauer
- Rev. Canon Chasuble, D.D.- Duane Johnson
- Merriman, Butler- John Yonker
- Lane, Manservant- Ryan Wiskerchen
- Lady Bracknell – Kim Greene
- Hon. Gwendolyn Fairfax – Bretanne Ostberg
- Cecily Cardew – Catherine Fredrickson
- Miss Prism, Governess – Fran Bohlke
Auditions will be held Monday, August 20 & Tuesday, August 21st from 7 – 8:30 PM at Twin Oaks Middle School in Prior Lake. Auditioners will perform cold readings from the show, materials will be provided. First come, first served: we will not be scheduling appointments.
Call backs, as needed, will be Thursday, August 23.
First Read Through will be Tuesday, September 4.
Rehearsals will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings with possible Friday rehearsals in October.
List of Characters:
John (Jack) / “Ernest” Worthing, J.P.
Hon. Gwendolen Fairfax
Lady Augusta Bracknell
Miss Prism, Governess
Reverend Canon Chasuble, D.D.