The Prior Lake Players sponsor the annual Nick Sotis Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is worth up to $1,000 and is awarded to a high school senior who demonstrates a strong theatrical background.
Students wishing to be awarded the Nick Sotis Memorial Scholarship must meet the criteria listed below:
- The graduate must be attending Prior Lake High School, or the graduate must have been active in the Prior Lake Players during his/her high school career.
- The graduate must be pursuing higher education opportunities.
- The applicant must submit an essay outlining the following: his/her involvement with the Prior Lake Players and other community service organizations, his/her involvement in other performance and technical activities, his/her involvement in other co-curricular activities, and his/her college plans and area(s) of study.
- The deadline for accepting applications is EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 4TH!
- Results announced at our annual membership meeting in May (official date to be announced).
- 40% Involvement in the Prior Lake Players or other community service organizations (4-H, Scouts, etc.)
- 30% Involvement in other performance and technical activities (school, church, theatre camps, dance, etc.)
- 20% Involvement in other co-curricular activities. (student government, sports, yearbook, etc.)
- 10% Overall neatness, spelling, and clarity of the application and narrative.
- Type out, on a separate sheet, your responses to the below statements.
- Fill out the form on the "Application Form" tab of this page
- Describe your involvement and experiences with the Prior Lake Players or any other community theatre (acting, technical support, orchestra, lobby, costumes, etc.). Include activities in other community service organizations.
- Describe any other performance activities, including school sponsored events that you have participated in (school plays, mock trial, speech, band, choir, dance, piano, church, etc.). List and explain any extra-curricular activities that you have participated in (student government, yearbook, sports, etc.)
- Outline your college plans and area of study.
- Address the influence of the theatre arts on you and articulate how you see yourself contributing to the arts and your community in the future.
- Explain why you are an excellent candidate for this scholarship.